Applications are being accepted online from eligible candidates for the High Court Odisha recruitment 2023 of 199 Assistant Section Officer posts in Group-B Category. The application window is open from 1st March 2023 until 11.59 p.m. on 20th March 2023. The pay scale for these positions is Rs.35,400 to 1,12,400/- with applicable Dearness and other Allowances approved by the Government of Odisha as needed.
Recruitment will be carried out according to the rules set forth in “The High Court of Orissa (Appointment of Staff and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2019”.
Odisha High Court ASO Recruitment 2023 Key Details
|High Court of Odisha
|Name of the Recruitment
|Recruitment for Assistant Section Officer
|Number of posts
|Total Number of Vacancies
|Pay Scale / Salary Range for Assistant Section Officer
|Rs.35,400 to 1,12,400
|Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification in any discipline
|To be eligible, a candidate’s age must fall between 21 (Twenty-One) and 32 (Thirty-Two) years on August 1st, 2023, meaning they must have been born on or after August 2nd, 1991, and before August 1st, 2002.
|Name of Post
|Assistant Section Officer
|Written test and Viva
|Last Date to Apply Online
|20 March 2023
Odisha High Court ASO Recruitment 2023 – Important dates
|01 March 2023 to 20 March 2023
High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 – Assistant Section Officer Educational Qualification
To apply for Odisha High Court ASO Recruitment 2023, a candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification in any discipline. Additionally, they should have sufficient knowledge of Computer Applications.
High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 – Assistant Section Officer Age Limit
Age limit for High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 for Assistant Section Officer:
- Candidates must be between 21 and 32 years old on August 1st, 2023. This means they must have been born on or after August 2nd, 1991, and before August 1st, 2002.
- Certain categories of candidates are eligible for age relaxation:
- SC, ST, SEBC, and Women candidates may receive a relaxation of up to 5 years.
- PwD candidates with a permanent disability between 40% and 50% may receive a relaxation of up to 10 years.
- PwD candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC categories are eligible for a cumulative age relaxation of 15 years.
- Group-“C” and Group-“D” employees of the court may receive a relaxation of up to 5 years if they are otherwise qualified to apply for the post.
- Age relaxation for Ex-Servicemen candidates will be provided as per the relevant Acts, Rules, Orders, or instructions issued by the State Government.
- If a candidate is eligible for more than one category of age relaxation, they will be granted only the most beneficial one.
- The date of birth mentioned on the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board/ Council will be accepted.
- The age limit cannot be relaxed except as specified above.
How to Apply Online for High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 at orissahighcourt.nic.in?
Here are the steps to apply for High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 Assistant Section Officer online:
- Applicants should read the advertisement details before filling out the online application form.
- The application should be submitted only through online mode on the website of the High Court of Orissa.
- Candidates should go through the “INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES” available on the portal before filling out the application form.
- Candidates are advised to submit the online application form well in advance to avoid any last-minute rush.
- Incomplete or incorrect applications or forms submitted through modes other than the prescribed ONLINE format will be rejected without assigning any reason.
- Admission to any stage of the recruitment process will be provisional and subject to verification of eligibility conditions.
- The facility of Scribe will not be entertained at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Candidates need to produce self-attested copies of the application form and certificates uploaded during the submission of the online application along with their originals at the time of the Viva-Voce Test.
- Candidates should keep at least 5 copies of the passport-size photograph uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- If a candidate furnishes more than one application, only the latest application having a higher Acknowledgement Number will be considered.
- The notice regarding the date and time of each stage of the examination will be uploaded on the website of the High Court of Orissa and published in the newspapers.
- Candidates should check the Orissa High Court website regularly for the latest updates.
- No T.A. / D.A. will be paid for appearing in the examination.
High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 – Assistant Section Officer certificate required to be uploaded
For High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023, The following original documents must be uploaded by the candidates:
- HSC or equivalent certificate as proof of age.
- Certificate of passing the Odia Language Test equivalent to M.E. School standard, or a certificate from a recognized school indicating that the candidate had taken Odia as a subject in Class-VII or Standard-VII and has passed the examination.
- Bachelor’s degree certificate from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate showing adequate knowledge in computer application.
- Certificate of good character from the institution last attended, or from two persons of repute, one of whom must be a Gazetted Officer.
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Full signature of the candidate.
- Aadhaar card.
- Certificate indicating the category of the caste, tribe, or class of the applicant in case he or she belongs to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, or SEBC and claims reservation under such category.
- Discharge certificate and affidavit in case of Ex-Servicemen.
- Medical certificate or disability certificate in case of PwD.
- Sports certificate in case of a sports person.
- NOC from the competent authority for government servants, whether temporary or permanent, who are eligible to apply provided they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit.
- Service certificate for Group-“C” and Group-“D” employees of the High Court to avail of age relaxation.
Candidates must take a printout of the finally submitted online application form for future reference.
High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 – Assistant Section Officer Exam Syllabus
The Recruitment Examination for High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 consists of four parts: Preliminary Examination/Test, Main Written Examination, Computer Application Test, and Viva-Voce Test. The details are as follows:
Preliminary Examination/Test – 150 marks (2 hours duration)
The Preliminary Examination/Test will be based on the Graduation Course and will cover topics such as General English, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
It will consist of 150 multiple-choice questions with each question carrying one mark. A negative marking of 0.5 (half) mark will be applied for each wrong answer. Candidates who secure a minimum of 33% marks (for SC/ST candidates) and 40% marks (for others) in the Preliminary Examination will be called for the Main Written Examination.
The Court will determine the cut-off marks for the Preliminary Examination based on the number of candidates to be called for the Main Written Examination.
Main Written Examination: 300 marks (5 hours duration)
Computer Application Test: 100 marks (1 hour duration)
The Computer Test for the recruitment process includes the following topics: Computer Fundamentals, Windows (MS-Windows), MS Office (Word, Excel & Power Point), Linux Fundamental and Open Office Applications, Usage of Internet Operation, Communication Technology, Networking Concepts (LAN, Ethernet, Broad Band, Wireless) and Digital Signature.
The Computer Test consists of two parts, i.e. theory and skill test, carrying 50 marks each and having a duration of half an hour each.
To be eligible for the Computer Test, candidates must have secured not less than 45% of marks in aggregate and a minimum of 33% of marks in each paper in the Main Written Examination.
However, the minimum marks requirement for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates is 40% and 30% respectively. The Computer Test is qualifying in nature, and the qualifying mark is 50% of the total marks in the paper. The marks obtained in the Computer Test shall not be taken into account while preparing the Final Merit List.
Viva-voce Test: 40 Marks
The candidate’s total marks shall be calculated by adding the marks obtained in the Viva-Voce Test to the marks secured in the Main Written Examination, and the merit list shall be prepared based on the total marks. However, candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks in the Viva-Voce Test to be considered for inclusion in the merit list.
If multiple candidates have the same aggregate marks, the ranking shall be based on their scores in the Main Written Examination. If the marks obtained in the Main Written Examination are also the same, the candidate who is older in age shall be ranked higher than the younger candidate.
High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 – Assistant Section Officer Examination Centre
The Preliminary examination for High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023 will be conducted in all 30 districts of the state. When filling up the online application form, candidates are required to select their top 3 preferred districts in order of preference.
The Court will make every effort to allocate candidates to their preferred district but may assign a different district at its discretion if necessary. Requests for a change of centre will not be considered. The examination centre for the subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be communicated to candidates at a later date.
Looking for Job openings in Odisha? Consider reading: OSSSC recruitment 2023
FAQ on High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023
What is the recruitment process for High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023?
The recruitment process consists of four stages: Preliminary Examination/Test, Main Written Examination, Computer Application Test, and Viva-Voce Test.
How many vacancies are available in the High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023?
There are 199 vacancies for the assistant Section Officer post.
What is the age limit for High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023?
The age limit will be specified in the notification. Typically, candidates must be between 21 and 32 years of age.
How can I apply for High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023?
Candidates can apply online through the official website of the High Court Odisha. The notification will provide details of the application process.
Can I change the examination center after submitting the application form for High Court Odisha Recruitment 2023?
No, requests for change of center will not be entertained. The examination center for subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be intimated to candidates in due course of time.