Saptasajya Nature Camp, nestled in the lush greenery and pristine landscapes of Odisha, offers a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. The camp provides a unique experience to adventure seekers and nature enthusiasts alike.
In this detailed article, we will explore the location, how to reach Saptasajya, activities you can indulge in, the ideal time to visit, nearby attractions, Prices and Booking related to the Saptasajya nature camp.
Consider reading: Best Eco-Retreat in Odisha
Saptasajya Nature Camp Location
Saptasajya Nature Camp is located in the Saptasajya Reserve Forest in the Dhenkanal district of Odisha, India. The camp is situated at an elevation of approximately 900 meters above sea level and spreads across an area of nearly 6.62 square kilometers. The reserve is home to several species of flora and fauna, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers.
Saptasajya Nature Camp Photos and Images
How to Reach Saptasajya Nature Camp
Saptasajya Nature Camp is located in the Indian state of Odisha, near the town of Dhenkanal. Here are some ways to reach the camp:
- By Air: The nearest airport to the Nature Camp is Biju Patnaik International Airport in Bhubaneswar, which is about 70 km away. From the airport, you can take a taxi or bus to reach the camp.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Dhenkanal Railway Station, which is about 15 km from the camp. You can take a taxi or bus from the station to reach the camp.
- By Road: The Nature Camp is well connected by road. You can take a taxi or bus from Bhubaneswar, Cuttack or Dhenkanal to reach the camp. The camp is located about 6 km from the main road, so you will need to take a short trek to reach the campsite.
- By Trek: You can also reach The Nature Camp by trekking from Dhenkanal town. The trek is about 6 km long and takes about 2-3 hours to complete. The trek route passes through beautiful forests and scenic landscapes, making it a popular choice for adventure seekers.
Note: It is recommended to check the latest travel guidelines and restrictions before planning your trip to Saptasajya Nature Camp.
Consider reading: Best Nature Camps in Odisha
Saptasajya Nature Camp Price and Booking
Saptasajya Nature Camp is maintained by Odisha Forest Development Corporation (OFDC). The Price and booking details are as below:
|Price Per Night Per Room
|Total Price Per Night Per Room
|Double Bedded (A/C) Suite
The tariff Includes Complementary Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Saptasajya Nature Camp Distance From Major Locations in Odisha
Activities at Saptasajya Nature Camp
Saptasajya Nature Camp is a beautiful nature retreat located in the midst of lush green forests and hills. Here are some of the activities that visitors can enjoy at the camp:
- Trekking: Saptasajya Nature Camp is surrounded by beautiful hills and forests, making it a perfect destination for trekking enthusiasts. The camp offers various trekking routes of different difficulty levels, ranging from easy to moderate.
- Nature Walk: Visitors can take a leisurely walk through the campsite and explore the surrounding forests and hills. The campsite is home to various species of birds, butterflies, and other wildlife.
- Camping: Visitors can set up their tents at the campsite and spend a night under the stars. The campsite has all the necessary facilities like toilets, water supply, and a cooking area.
- Bird Watching: The Nature Camp is a birdwatcher’s paradise, with over 70 species of birds found in the surrounding forests. Visitors can spot birds like the Indian Pitta, Grey Hornbill, Crested Serpent Eagle, and many more.
- Picnic: The campsite is an ideal location for a picnic with family and friends. Visitors can enjoy a day out with a packed lunch and spend time in the beautiful natural surroundings.
Note: Some activities like trekking and rock climbing require prior booking and guidance from trained professionals. It is recommended to check the latest guidelines and restrictions before planning your trip to Saptasajya Nature Camp.
Best Time to Visit Saptasajya Nature Camp
The best time to visit Saptasajya Nature Camp is between October to March, which is the winter season in Odisha. During this time, the weather is pleasant, and the temperature ranges between 15-25 degree Celsius, making it perfect for outdoor activities like trekking, camping, and bird watching.
The monsoon season, from June to September, brings heavy rainfall to the region, making it difficult to explore the outdoors. The summer season, from April to June, can be hot and humid, with temperatures soaring up to 40 degrees Celsius, which can be uncomfortable for outdoor activities.
Visitors can also plan their trip to coincide with the Saptasajya Mahotsav, a popular festival held every year in the month of March. The festival celebrates the cultural heritage of the region and includes cultural programs, food stalls, and handicraft exhibitions.
Note: It is recommended to check the weather forecast and the latest travel guidelines before planning your trip to Saptasajya Nature Camp.
Places to Visit Near Saptasajya Nature Camp
Saptasajya Nature Camp is located in the picturesque district of Dhenkanal in Odisha, which is home to several beautiful attractions. Here are some of the places to visit near Saptasajya Nature Camp:
- Kapilash Temple: Kapilash Temple is a popular Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is located on top of a hill and provides a panoramic view of the surrounding landscapes.
- Dhenkanal Palace: Dhenkanal Palace is a beautiful palace built in the traditional Odia style. The palace is now converted into a museum and showcases the rich cultural heritage of the region.
- Joranda Falls: Joranda Falls is a picturesque waterfall located in the midst of dense forests. The waterfall is a popular picnic spot and attracts visitors with its natural beauty.
- Saptarshi Temple: Saptarshi Temple is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is located on the banks of the Brahmani River and is a popular destination for pilgrims.
- Ansupa Lake: Ansupa Lake is a tranquil lake located near the town of Athagarh. The lake is surrounded by lush green forests and is a popular spot for boating and bird-watching.
- Balaram Temple: Balaram Temple is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Balaram, the elder brother of Lord Krishna. The temple is located in the village of Tulasi Khetra and is a popular destination for pilgrims.
Note: It is recommended to check the latest travel guidelines and restrictions before planning your trip to these attractions.
FAQs on Saptasajya Nature Camp
Is Saptasajya Nature Camp open throughout the year?
Yes, Saptasajya Nature Camp is open throughout the year. However, it is recommended to visit during the winter season, from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and perfect for outdoor activities.
Do I need to carry my camping gear to the campsite?
No, you do not need to carry your camping gear to the campsite. The campsite provides tents, sleeping bags, and other necessary equipment for camping.
Is there a restaurant at Saptasajya Nature Camp?
Yes, there is a restaurant at Saptasajya Nature Camp that serves delicious local cuisine. The camp tariff also includes complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner.