Are you tired of the hustle and bustle of city life and craving for a peaceful getaway? Look no further than Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp, a serene escape located in the heart of Odisha. Surrounded by lush greenery and a serene Ansupa lake, this camp offers the perfect blend of adventure and relaxation.
In this article, we’ll explore all that Ansupa Lake and Ansupa Nature Camp have to offer, including their rich flora and fauna, exciting activities, and comfortable accommodation options.
Consider reading: Saptasajya Nature Camp
Ansupa Lake Entry Fee and Boating Price
|Fee per Person/Car (INR)
|Fee per adult
|25 (Manual Paddling)
|50 (Motor Boat)
|2 rounds of the boating enclosure
Ansupa Lake, located in the Cuttack district of Odisha, is a breathtaking freshwater lake that should be on every nature lover’s must-visit list. This picturesque lake is surrounded by dense green forests and hills, creating a serene and peaceful environment that is perfect for a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. The lake is also a haven for bird watchers, with a variety of bird species, including migratory birds, making their home here.
Ansupa Nature Camp
Nestled near the serene Ansupa Lake in Odisha, the Ansupa Nature Camp offers a unique opportunity to experience the beauty of nature up close. This camp is ideal for adventure enthusiasts who are looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Located amidst dense green forests and hills, the Ansupa Nature Camp offers a range of activities, such as boating, trekking, and bird watching, that allow visitors to immerse themselves in the natural surroundings. The camp provides comfortable and eco-friendly accommodations, making it an ideal destination for those who want to experience nature in a sustainable way.
Whether you’re looking for an adventure-filled trip or a peaceful retreat, the Ansupa Nature Camp offers something for everyone. Plan your visit today and experience the tranquillity and beauty of Odisha’s outdoors.
Looking for the Best Odisha Nature camps? Consider reading: 5 Best Nature camps in Odisha
Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp Images and Photos
Flora and Fauna at Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp
The Ansupa Lake and the surrounding forests are home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. The lake is home to various species of fish, including the Indian Major Carps, Rohu, and Catla. The forests around the lake are home to a variety of animals, including monkeys, langurs, spotted deer, and wild boars.
The vegetation around the lake is equally diverse, with numerous species of trees, shrubs, and herbs. Some of the commonly found trees include Sal, Teak, Mango, and Jackfruit. The forest floor is covered with a variety of grasses, ferns, and mosses.
Activities at Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp
The Ansupa Nature Camp, located near the picturesque Ansupa Lake in Odisha, offers visitors a range of exciting activities to explore the natural beauty of the area. Here are some of the activities you can enjoy at the Ansupa Nature Camp:
- Boating: Take a peaceful boat ride on the calm waters of Ansupa Lake and enjoy the stunning views of the forested hills surrounding the lake.
- Trekking: Explore the lush green forests and hills around the lake on a guided trekking tour and discover the diverse flora and fauna of the area.
- Bird Watching: Ansupa Lake is a haven for bird watchers, with a variety of bird species, including migratory birds, making their home here. You can spot some of these beautiful birds while taking a leisurely walk around the lake.
- Nature Walks: Take a stroll around the lake and explore the diverse vegetation, including rare species of plants that grow in the region.
- Tribal Village Visits: The Ansupa Nature Camp also offers guided tours to nearby tribal villages, where you can learn about the local culture and lifestyle.
- Fishing: Fishing enthusiasts can enjoy angling in the lake’s pristine waters, which are home to a variety of fish species.
- Bonfire Nights: The Ansupa Nature Camp organizes bonfire nights where visitors can relax and unwind under the starry sky while enjoying delicious local cuisine.
The Ansupa Nature Camp’s variety of activities and experiences make it an ideal destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
Accommodation Options at Ansupa Nature Camp
Ansupa Nature Camp maintained by OFDC offers comfortable accommodation options for visitors who want to stay overnight. The camp has tented accommodations that are equipped with all the necessary amenities, including comfortable beds and attached bathrooms. The tents are surrounded by lush greenery and offer a peaceful and secluded retreat.
|Price Per Night Per Room (INR)
|Transaction Charge (INR)
|Total Price Per Night Per Room (INR)
(Tariff Includes Complementary Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.)
Best Time to Visit Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp
The best time to visit Ansupa Lake is during the winter months, from October to February. This is when the weather is most pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 25°C, making it perfect for outdoor activities like boating, bird watching, and nature walks. During this season, you can also spot several migratory bird species, making it a paradise for bird watchers.
On the other hand, the monsoon season, from June to September, brings heavy rainfall, which can make it challenging to enjoy outdoor activities around the lake. Similarly, the summer season, from March to May, can be quite hot and humid, with temperatures ranging from 25°C to 40°C, making it less ideal for outdoor activities.
Therefore, if you’re planning a trip to Ansupa Lake, it’s best to visit during the winter season when the weather is pleasant, and you can fully enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
How to Reach Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp
Ansupa Lake is located in the Cuttack district of Odisha and can be easily reached by road, rail, and air.
By Road: Ansupa Lake is well-connected by road, and you can reach here by taking a taxi or bus from nearby cities like Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, and Dhenkanal.
By Rail: The nearest railway station to Ansupa Lake is Dhenkanal Railway Station, which is located about 25 km away. You can take a taxi or bus from the railway station to reach Ansupa Lake.
By Air: The nearest airport to Ansupa Lake is Biju Patnaik International Airport in Bhubaneswar, which is located about 60 km away. From the airport, you can take a taxi or bus to reach Ansupa Lake.
Once you reach Ansupa Lake, you can explore the area’s natural beauty by taking a leisurely walk around the lake, going for a boat ride, or trekking in the nearby hills. The Ansupa Nature Camp, located near the lake, offers comfortable accommodations and a range of activities to help you make the most of your visit to Ansupa Lake.
Places to visit near Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp
Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp are located in the Cuttack district of Odisha, which is known for its natural beauty and cultural heritage. Here are some of the places you can visit near Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp:
- Dhabaleswar Temple: This ancient temple is located on an island in the Mahanadi River and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is surrounded by lush green forests and is a popular pilgrimage site.
- Kapilash Temple: This temple is located on the top of Kapilash Hill and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is known for its intricate architecture and stunning views of the surrounding hills and forests.
- Saptasajya: This scenic spot is located about 20 km from Ansupa Nature Camp and is famous for its seven hills and dense forests. It is a popular picnic spot and is known for its natural beauty.
- Chausathi Jogini Temple: This ancient temple is located about 65 km from Ansupa Nature Camp and is dedicated to 64 Yoginis. The temple is known for its unique architecture and is a popular tourist attraction.
- Cuttack: The city of Cuttack, located about 42 km from Ansupa Nature Camp, is known for its rich cultural heritage and historical monuments. The city is home to several temples, including the famous Katak Chandi Temple, and is known for its silver filigree work.
These are some of the popular places to visit near Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp. Each of these places offers a unique experience and is worth a visit during your trip to Ansupa Lake.
Consider reading: Best Places to Visit in Cuttack
Ansua Nature Camp is a hidden gem in Odisha that offers a unique blend of adventure and relaxation. With its serene lake, lush forests, and exciting activities, it provides the perfect escape from the chaos of city life. Whether you’re a nature lover or an adventure seeker, Ansupa Nature Camp is sure to leave you rejuvenated and refreshed.
FAQs on Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp
What is Ansupa Lake known for?
Ansupa Lake is known for its natural beauty and is a popular destination for boating, trekking, bird watching, and nature walks. It is also known for its rich biodiversity and is home to several rare species of plants and animals.
What activities can I do at Ansupa Nature Camp?
Ansupa Nature Camp offers a range of activities, including boating, trekking, bird watching, nature walks, fishing, and tribal village visits. The camp also organizes bonfire nights and provides comfortable and eco-friendly accommodation.
What is the best time to visit Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp?
The best time to visit Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp is during the winter months, from October to February, when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities. The monsoon season, from June to September, brings heavy rainfall, while the summer season, from March to May, can be quite hot and humid.
How do I reach Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp?
Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp are well-connected by road, rail, and air. The nearest railway station is Dhenkanal Railway Station, and the nearest airport is Biju Patnaik International Airport in Bhubaneswar. You can also reach Ansupa Lake by taking a taxi or bus from nearby cities like Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, and Dhenkanal.
Are there any accommodation options at Ansupa Nature Camp?
Yes, Ansupa Nature Camp offers comfortable and eco-friendly accommodation options, including tented accommodation, cottage accommodation, and dormitory accommodation. The camp also provides complementary breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
What are the nearby tourist attractions to Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp?
Some of the nearby tourist attractions to Ansupa Lake and Nature Camp include Dhabaleswar Temple, Kapilash Temple, Saptasajya, Chausathi Jogini Temple, and the city of Cuttack, which is known for its rich cultural heritage and historical monuments.